Support Worker (Young Adults)
Pay: £16,640 – £18,200 per annum (£8.00 to £8.75 per hour)
Hours: 40 hours per week (full time equivalent)
Contract: Permanent, Full time and part time roles available
Our Support Workers are the heartbeat of our organisation.
We are seeking Support Workers to join our friendly, dynamic teams in Teignmouth who have the enthusiasm and empathy to support our young Adults with Autism and associated behaviours.
Eldra Court is a residential care service for younger adults with learning disabilities and associated emotional and social needs, provided by the Phoenix Learning & Care Group. Eldra Court is a large house with a homely environment set in the stunning seaside town of Teignmouth in Devon. In addition to this we also have a number of other properties in town which are Living Support.
Our aim is to ‘provide our service users with the skills and support they need to become as independent’
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met.
As a Support Worker, you’ll be supporting individuals to live the lives they choose and inspiring them to become more independent within their local community. It’s a really important role, having responsibility for supporting people’s personal care needs and you’ll be a vital part of the team that enables them to achieve their full potential.
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved a Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (adults) or equivalent or be excited by the prospect of gaining a recognised qualification with full financial and practical support from us.
- You will preferably hold a current driving license, be able to remain calm in difficult situations and willing to work night shifts to cover our 24 hour operation.
Working as part of Phoenix Learning and Care entitles you to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call on 01626 868 125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check. .