Pay: £17,160-£20,715 per annum**
Hours: 40 hours per week (full time equivalent)
Contract: Permanent, Full time and part time roles available
“It is incredibly satisfying watching a young person’s personality start to show through as their trust in you builds. I have learned a lot from others and experience but mainly from the young people themselves, and I know that I’ll keep learning as long as I’m here.”
–Catherine, Support Worker currently in Devon
We are seeking Support Workers to join our friendly, dynamic residential team at our children’s homes in Tiverton.
About us and our homes:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
We have chosen to operate homes which offer children a truly nurturing and homely environment in which they can flourish. We have a range of homes including one, two and three bed homes with our largest being homes with only four beds. Each home has been specifically designed to provide an environment in which a child can feel safe, nurtured and looked after by a team of individuals who have been trained to think, feel and act in a way that promotes a young person’s feeling of safety.
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met and exceeded.
Around Tiverton we have a number of homes which are described below; our Recruitment Team will have a discussion with you on which home would be best for you.
- A solo occupancy home in Tiverton. The home supports just one young person at any time in order for us to provide an intense package of care, support and nurture in order to promote stability.
- A beautiful large four bed home on the outskirts of Tiverton. A large detached home set in over a acre of grounds just off junction 27 on the M5.
- A large 4 bed detached house in the North Devon countryside bordering the National Park of Exmoor 20 mins drive from the M5 with access to Tiverton, Barnstaple and Bideford.
As a Support Worker, you will put our children and young people at the centre of everything you do. You will be providing emotional and social support in order for them to flourish and develop.
This is a very important and rewarding role with children and young people at the very centre of our approach. You will be involved in supporting them in all aspects of their life, their emotional well-being, and other elements of their daily life such as school attendance, activities, hobbies and any other aspirations they may wish to follow. As a Support Worker you will also include supporting our young people with the more routine aspects of life including household tasks, chores, attending appointments and maintaining contact with family and friends.
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved OCF/NVQ Level 3 or Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent or be excited and driven of the prospect of gaining a recognised qualification with full financial and practical support from us.
- You will hold a current driving license
- You will consider yourself to me a resilient and reliable individual who is able to remain calm in situations that may be difficult and challenging
- Our young people are cared for on a 24 hour basis and you will be required to work some sleep-ins in order to support this.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful children and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive on-going face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and up-skilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and on-going personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
- An enhanced overtime-rate
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Online’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please complete our short enquiries form below by clicking “Enquire” or call Cheryl on 01271379006 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
**Based on a full-time contract dependant on qualifications and sleep-ins.