Location: nr North Petherton, Somerset
Salary:£16,640 – £20,215 per annum with enhanced overtime rates**
Hours: 40 hours per week (full time equivalent)
Contract: Permanent, Full time and part time roles available
“If I could pick up the home, the staff and everyone in it and take it with me, I would” A Child leaving the service after completing an 18 month program in July 2018.
We are seeking Support Workers to join our friendly, dynamic residential team at our children’s home in North Petherton near Bridgwater in Somerset.
About us and our home:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for specific and individual needs of a child who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and possibly other associated needs.
Our home in North Petherton is a unique and specialist service offering therapeutic care and support to young people who have been victims of child sexual exploitation (CSE).
The team focus on understanding a young person’s mental health and emotional well-being in the context of their current situation and past experiences, rather than solely focusing on the presenting symptoms.
The multidisciplinary approach adopted at the home is supported by a team of highly trained and experienced care professionals who work in close collaboration with their therapeutic colleagues including a Registered Child Development Psychologist an Education Psychologist and A Counselling Psychologist.
Young people joining the home will have a full assessment of their needs upon arrive and then work through two further stages of an agreed program to include a detailed transition and exit plan. Young people who are looked after will need to commit to a program that lasts between 15 and 18 months.
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met and exceeded.
As a Support Worker, you will put our children and young people at the centre of everything you do. You will be providing emotional and social support in order for them to flourish and develop.
This is a very important and rewarding role with children and young people at the very centre of our approach. You will be involved in supporting them in all aspects of their life, their emotional well-being, and other elements of their daily life such as school attendance, activities, hobbies and any other aspirations they may wish to follow. As a Support Worker you will also include supporting our young people with the more routine aspects of life including household tasks, chores, attending appointments and maintaining contact with family and friends.
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved a OCF/NVQ Level 3 or Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent or be excited and driven of the prospect of gaining a recognised qualification with full financial and practical support from us.
- You will hold a current driving license
- You will consider yourself to me a resilient and reliable individual who is able to remain calm in situations that may be difficult and challenging
- Our young people are cared for on a 24 hour basis and you will be required to work some sleep-ins in order to support this.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful children and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive on-going face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and up-skilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and on-going personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to reflect.
- An enhanced overtime rate
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
**Based on a full-time contract dependant on qualifications and sleep-ins.