Pay: £16,640 – £18,200 per annum (£8.00 to £8.75 per hour)
Hours: 40 hours per week (full time equivalent)
Contract: Permanent, Full time and part time roles available
Our Support Workers are the heartbeat of our organisation.
We are seeking Support Workers to join our friendly, dynamic residential team at Oakwood Court College in Dawlish who have the enthusiasm and empathy to support our young Adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and associated behaviours.
About us and Oakwood Court College:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
At Oakwood Court College every student matters and their future independence and success is at the forefront of all that we do. Students have a wide range of interests, backgrounds, abilities and ambitions.
“A friendly place to live, work and learn”
We are committed to providing each student with the skills they need to become self-reliant in leading purposeful and fulfilling lives.
Our aim is to ‘provide our service users with the skills and support they need to become as independent’
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met.
As a Support Worker, you’ll be supporting individuals to live the lives they choose and inspiring them to become more independent within their local community. It’s a really important role, having responsibility for supporting people’s personal care needs and you’ll be a vital part of the team that enables them to achieve their full potential.
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved a Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (adults) or equivalent or be excited by the prospect of gaining a recognised qualification with full financial and practical support from us.
- You will preferably hold a current driving license, be able to remain calm in difficult situations and willing to work night shifts to cover our 24 hour operation.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call on 01626 868 125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check. .