Location: North Petherton, Somerset
Salary: £23,920 per annum
Hours: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Contract: Permanent (52 weeks of the year)
Important: You will need to have a full UK Driving Licence and a Level 3 in Residential Childcare
“Hi my name is Steve Nicholson,
I have been working in the care sector for the past 19 years. I am currently Projects Manager and the proposed Registered Manager for Phoenix’s first Crisis Intervention Service in Somerset.
Phoenix’ ‘first’ Crisis Intervention Service is a brand new and exciting venture that we feel there is a need for to support young people whose current placements may be at risk and their local authority does not have a relocation plan for them.
What we will be providing is a
The need for this service is likely to be due to the breakdown of a young person’s current placement as a result of behavioural issues. They may present us with some very challenging behaviour to begin with as they may not have had the safe, consistent or supportive experiences so far and may struggle to trust the adults around them.
What we will do is accept the placement for the young person into the home and as a priority, support them to stabilise their behaviour. This will be done by implementing firm boundaries in a safe and nurturing environment and having a staff team that will work consistently with that young person to build a positive and trusting relationship.
I can offer you a friendly working environment where your thoughts will be heard, understood and discussed. I will be working with you through direct regular support and supervision for you to adapt into your role, our environment and then develop your career (hopefully) with Phoenix.
I come with a broad range of life experience starting out in the Royal Navy then working as a support worker directly with young people, so I completely understand what it is like to be in that position, especially through challenging times. I want to create a home where my staff can work with each other and help develop this exciting, rewarding and needed service.
However, we can only do this with colleagues that offer commitment, dedication, understanding and resilience plus a drive and thirst to help our young people in their darkest hour.
In my mind there is no better place to work where you can potentially be the first to help re-build, and bring hope into someone’s life for the next 75+ years.
It is not without its challenges, hay, its in the title of the service, but with mine and Phoenix’s support we can work together to make a massive impact on these young peoples lives.”
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved an OCF/NVQ Level 3 or Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent or be excited and driven by the prospect of gaining a
recognisedqualification with full financialand practical support from us.
- You will preferably hold a current driving license
- You will consider yourself to be a resilient and reliable individual who is able to remain calm in situations that may be difficult and challenging
- Our young people are cared for on a 24-hour basis and you will
be requiredto work some sleep-ins in order to support this.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24-hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom-based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Online’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please complete our short enquiries form below by clicking “Enquire” or call Cheryl on 01271379006 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.