Location: The Phoenix Academy, North Petherton, Somerset
Key Stage: 2 (We will also consider candidates with experience in other Key Stages)
Salary: £23,000 – £28,000 per annum
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and innovative SEN Teacher to join our Education Team.
The Phoenix Academy is a specialist provision for children and young people (boys and girls) aged 7 – 16 years with Autism, Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) conditions and associated behavioural difficulties.
Our mission is to provide high quality education that gives young people the opportunity to thrive and reach their full potential. We work to break down any barriers to learning so that each pupil can have full access to the broad and balanced curriculum we offer.
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met.
As SEN Teacher you will be responsible for delivering Person-Centred education. You will have a full understanding of the statutory framework within which teachers work in order to enable our students to flourish and develop.
You will have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of special educational needs, including those with complex autism as well as social, emotional and mental health difficulties. You will also help to further build on a reputation of high quality teaching and support for our pupils.
Skills and Requirements:
- Good knowledge of Ofsted, Safeguarding and teaching Outstanding lessons
- Understanding the needs of SEND children including skills in managing challenging behaviour
- Experience of working with SEND children
- Monitoring quality and standards
- Contributing to school planning and self-evaluation
- Providing professional support to other teachers and support staff
- Advising the Headteacher on appropriate resources and materials
- Leading appropriate professional development.
Working as part of Phoenix Learning and Care entitles you to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call on 01626 868 125 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check. .