Location: Phoenix Academy, North Petherton, Somerset
Salary: £16,200 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: Term Time (38 weeks of the year plus 6 days)
Phoenix Academy are looking for an experienced School Administrator to join our team in North Petherton in Somerset.
The Phoenix Academy provides a unique and specialist educational resource for students with Special Educational Needs of various types, but particularly those with Social emotional and mental health difficulties. We have high expectations of our students and celebrate their ongoing successes through positive reward. The main emphasis is on nurturing the individual student and providing bespoke education to meet their individual needs.
‘We believe that all children & young people should be provided with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential; through building resilience, self-regulation and trusting relationships, we support our students to flourish; this promotes improved outcomes, attainment and self-esteem.’
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met.
As School Administrator you will provide high quality, administrative support to the school and promote, through actions and words, the achievement of the schools full potential ensuring efficient administrative systems are established and maintained. You will be aware and recognise the needs of Students at the school in a way that promotes dignity, privacy, safety and independence. As School Administrator you will be the first point of contact for students and parents at reception to deal with any problems that arise in the first instance or refer them on to ensure that problems are dealt with effectively
- Have a broad understanding of the health and social care needs, strengths, challenges and disabilities of those who use our services.
- Set-up and maintain efficient office systems within the schools administration office, including manual and computerised information retrieval systems.
- Act as the first point of contact for telephone calls and visitors, ensuring security processes are in place.
- Draft and type correspondence, reports and other documents for the Head Teacher including dealing with highly confidential and sensitive issues.
- Processing of orders as instructed by authorised individuals within the school.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the school diary and that of the Head Teacher as appropriate.
- To provide administrative support for the organisation of school trips and events.
- Co-ordinate the content of school publications including; newsletters, prospectus, reports, questionnaires and liaising with internal/external stakeholders accordingly.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of working within a school office
- Experience of working on the following SIMS modules – Finance 6, Personnel & Attendance
Benefits of working with us:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street/Supermarket shopping vouchers
- Fully paid holiday allowance
- Aid in gaining extra qualifications with our excellent Learning and Development schemes and increase opportunities to progress within the organisation
- Fully paid classroom based induction and ongoing face to face training from industry professionals
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with the opportunity to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call us on 01271 379006 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.