Pay: £16,640 – £20,215 per annum**
Hours: 40 hours per week (full time equivalent)
Contract: Permanent, Full time and part time roles available
It is incredibly satisfying watching a young person’s personality start to show through as their trust in you builds. I have learned a lot from others and experience but mainly from the young people themselves, and I know that I’ll keep learning as long as I’m here. – Catherine, Support Worker currently in Devon
About us and our homes:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
We have chosen to operate homes which offer children a truly nurturing and homely environment in which they can flourish. We have a range of homes including one, two and three bed homes with our largest being homes with only four beds. Each home has been specifically designed to provide an environment in which a child can feel safe, nurtured and looked after by a team of individuals who have been trained too think, feel and act in a way that promotes a young persons feeling of safety.
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met and exceeded.
Around Plymouth we have a number of homes which are described below, our Recruitment Team will have a discussion with you on which home would be best for you.
- A two bedroom house in an urban residential area close to the centre of the city. The house and facilities are maintained to a high standard giving Young People the foundation and safe environment vital to help raise their self-esteem and for them to feel genuinely valued.
- A single occupancy detached home with a large garden located in a quiet and friendly cul-de-sac in a suburb of Plymouth. The home supports just one young person at any time in order for us to provide an intense package of care, support and nurture in order to promote stability.
As a Support Worker, you will put our children and young people at the centre of everything you do. You will be providing emotional and social support in order for them to flourish and develop. This a very important and rewarding role with children and young people at the very centre of our approach. You will be involved in supporting them in all aspects of their life, their emotional well being, and other elements of their daily life such as school attendance, activities, hobbies and any other aspirations they may wish to follow.
As a Support Worker you will also include supporting our young people with the more routine aspects of life including household tasks, chores, attending appointments and maintaining contact with family and friends.
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved a OCF/NVQ Level 3 or Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent or be excited and driven by the prospect of gaining a recognised qualification with full financial and practical support from us.
- You will preferably hold a current driving license
- You will consider yourself to me a resilient and reliable individual who is able to remain calm in situations that may be difficult and challenging
- Our young people are cared for on a 24 hour basis and you will be required to work some sleep-ins in order to support this.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call on 01626 868125 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
**Based on a full-time contract dependant on qualifications and sleep-ins.