Location: Cullompton, Devon
Pay: £17,160-£20,715 per annum**
Hours: 40 hours per week, 52 weeks of the year
” Hello, my name is Vicky and I am the new Registered Manager for Phoenix’s new child residential home opening in Cullompton, Devon.
This new 2-bed home will be a specific therapeutic home for young people with mental health difficulties. This could be a range of diagnoses from self-injury to personality disorders, eating disorders, attachment and trauma issues etc. Our aim is to support and nurture these young people to enable them to achieve their full potential, develop their confidence, identity and self-worth, believe in themselves and make the healing process possible.
The role of Support Worker is one which requires resilience, empathy, patience and an ability to promote clear boundaries. It will be demanding at times but overall will be so rewarding. This is an opportunity to support children with mental health difficulties in a safe, family orientated environment which also reaps massive personal rewards. As Registered Manager I can offer you a working environment where your opinion, guidance and knowledge will be encouraged, I want a solid team that looks out for and works to support each other.
As an organisation Phoenix will offer you full classroom-based training along with chances to gain extra recognised qualifications to help progress your career. Phoenix has a great reputation for career development in-house and utilising their colleague’s knowledge. This could be your first step into a career with us.”
Vickey Cox – Registered Manager
As a Support Worker, you will put our children and young people at the centre of everything you do. You will be providing emotional and social support in order for them to flourish and develop.
This is a very important and rewarding role with children and young people at the very centre of our approach. You will be involved in supporting them in all aspects of their life, their emotional well-being, and other elements of their daily life such as school attendance, activities, hobbies and any other aspirations they may wish to follow. As a Support Worker you will also include supporting our young people with the more routine aspects of life including household tasks, chores, attending appointments and maintaining contact with family and friends.
The rota will be a 3-week rolling pattern of
- Tuesday Friday Sunday
- Wednesday Saturday
- Monday Thursday
They will be 24-hour shifts, which is broken into 17 hours and a sleep in. This is done to provide consistency and routine to the young people within the home.
- You will, ideally, have already achieved OCF/NVQ Level 3 or Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent or be excited and driven of the prospect of gaining a recognised qualification with full financial and practical support from us.
- You will hold a current driving license
- You will consider yourself to be a resilient and reliable individual who is able to remain calm in situations that may be difficult and challenging
- Our young people are cared for on a 24-hour basis and you will be required to work some sleep-ins in order to support this.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful children and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24-hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom-based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to reflect.
Our Company Values:
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met and exceeded.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Online’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please complete our short enquiries form below by clicking “Enquire” or call Cheryl on 01271379006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
**Based on a full-time contract dependant on qualifications and sleep-ins.