Location: North Petherton, Somerset
Salary: £19,760 – £20,800 per annum dependant on experience
Hours: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Contract: Permanent (52 weeks of the year)
Important: Experience working with challenging behaviors is essential along with a Full UK Driving Licence.
Phoenix’ ‘first’ Crisis Intervention Service is a brand new and exciting venture that we feel there is a need for to support young people whose current placements may be at risk and their local authority does not have a relocation plan for them.
Working with a specialised 90 day programme, as a support worker you will help our young people stabilise their behaviours by implementing firm boundaries in a safe and nurturing environment and working with the rest of staff team to provide a consistent, positive and trusting relationship. In addition to the above you will also support our young people with the more routine aspects of life including household tasks, chores, attending appointments and maintaining contact with family and friends.
I come with a broad range of life experience starting out in the Royal Navy then working as a support worker directly with young people, so I completely understand what it is like to be in that position, especially through challenging times. I want to create a home where my staff can work with each other and help develop this exciting, rewarding and needed service. However, we can only do this with colleagues that offer commitment, dedication, understanding and resilience plus a drive and thirst to help our young people in their darkest hour.
In my mind there is no better place to work where you can potentially be the first to help re-build, and bring hope into someone’s life for the next 75+ years. It is not without its challenges, hay, its in the title of the service, but with mine and Phoenix’s support we can work together to make a massive impact on these young peoples lives.
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved an OCF/NVQ Level 3 or Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent or be excited and driven by the prospect of gaining a recognised qualification with full financial and practical support from us.
- You will have experience working in Residential Childcare and with challenging behaviors.
- You will hold a current driving license
- You will consider yourself to be a resilient and reliable individual who is able to remain calm in situations that will be difficult and challenging
- Our young people are cared for on a 24-hour basis and you will be required to work some sleep-ins in order to support this.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24-hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom-based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behavior, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
Our new Crisis Intervention Service will be a 4 bed children’s home based in North Petherton, Somerset. It will operate a 90-day programme to help young people stabilise their behaviours and then by working in partnership with their local authority, allow them time to identify a suitable placement for the young person. This may be within the wider Phoenix provision in Somerset, Devon or Cornwall.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Online’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please complete our short enquiries form below by clicking “Enquire” or call Cheryl on 01271379006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.