Location: Barnstaple, Devon UK
Salary: £28,000 per annum
We have a vacancy for a Registered Manager in one of our two bed Children’s Homes in Barnstaple, Devon.
About us and our homes:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
We have chosen to operate homes which offer children a truly nurturing and homely environment in which they can flourish. We have a range of homes including one, two and three bed homes with our largest being homes with only four beds. Each home has been specifically designed to provide an environment in which a child can feel safe, nurtured and looked after by a team of individuals who have been trained too think, feel and act in a way that promotes a young person’s feeling of safety.
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met and exceeded.
Taking complete responsibility for the running of the Home our Registered Managers are expected to maintain exceptionally high standards, provide leadership, support and directions to their team. The successful candidate will also need to be able to work with professionals and stakeholders from a wide range of external agencies.
The successful candidate will have had to have had experience within Children’s services with demonstrable leadership experience in managing teams in a Residential setting for at least two years. A level 5 Diploma or equivalent is essential so you will either have this or be motivated to undertake and complete it. A full driving license is essential.
We seek an individual who is values driven, a team player and a brand advocate. Our aspiration is for all Phoenix Children’s Homes to be rated outstanding and our drive and focus is to ensure all our Homes provide high quality care and support for vulnerable and challenging young people. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary of £28,000 per annum.
- To provide complete management of the home, acting as the Registered Home Manager, fulfilling the requirements of that position as laid down by Ofsted and all current and relevant legislation
- To provide 24 hour management cover including advice and guidance to your Colleagues at the home and provide on-call cover
- To support in the learning and development of your team with assistance from the Group’s Learning and Training team.
- To recognise the potential of each individual Young Person while providing the necessary opportunities, encouragement and support for each Young Person’s potential to be realised
- To help create a dynamic, caring environment this supports all the aims and values of the Group
- The key duties of this role are:
- Responsible for the home achieving and maintaining the standards described in the Children’s Home Regulations and any other current and relevant legislation
- To ensure that each Young Person has an up to date placement plan that is regularly reviewed throughout their stay
- To manage all HR and financial matters required of the role and the running of the Home
- To provide reports to Senior management on the performance of the home, your Colleagues & any other relevant matters and to ensure that all records are kept to a high standard.
- This role is one that requires a high level of organisational and administrative skill along with an ability to act as a leader for your Colleagues based at the home.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call on 01271 379006 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.