Location: Bridgwater, West Somerset and Tiverton, East Devon
Pay:£18,720 – £19,760 per annum dependant on experience
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours a week
Contract: Permanent, Full time
We are seeking Maintenance Technician to provide efficient and effective Maintenance and Refurbishment support for our Children’s Residential Homes and Schools in North Petherton in West Somerset and Tiverton, East Devon.
About us and our homes:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
We have chosen to operate homes which offer children a truly nurturing and homely environment in which they can flourish. We have a range of homes including one, two and three bed homes with our largest being homes with only four beds. Each home has been specifically designed to provide an environment in which a child can feel safe, nurtured and looked after by a team of individuals who have been trained too think, feel and act in a way that promotes a young persons feeling of safety.
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met and exceeded.
The post holder will be expected to observe safe working practices at all times in carrying out their required duties and ensure that instructions specified by the Maintenance Manager, Senior Maintenance Technician, external technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist, as directed by the Maintenance Manager and Senior Maintenance Technician, in the upkeep and refurbishment of buildings, sites and grounds of the Residential Homes, Schools, Offices and other company premises.
- To provide Maintenance and Refurbishment to our buildings and grounds in accordance with business requirements, alongside operational colleagues working in these locations.
- To keep any tools or equipment, used in the course of carrying out duties, maintained and report faults promptly to the Maintenance Manager.
- To consider the environmental circumstances in regard to the tasks set and to go about these tasks in a safe manner so that our Young People will not be exposed or have access to such tools/ materials/equipment or debris.
- To insure all tools, materials, equipment and debris are safely and securely stored away at the end of each working day.
- To make safe an environment and then rectify attrition caused within the premises.
- To ensure that all foot traffic areas inside and outside are free from trip hazards and have sufficient grip for safe use
- To remove all Maintenance and household waste materials/debris generated in a safe manner to a recycling station or waste disposal site.
- To undertake porterage tasks as required including making/moving items such as flat packed furniture and other items when requested.
- To undertake core maintenance duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager as outlined below;
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates need to demonstrate a broad range of experience in the field of maintenance/property renovation skills.
- Carpentry skills would be especially desirable.
- Candidates must hold a full Driving Licence in order to drive company vans.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful children and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to reflect.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call on 01271 379006 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.