Location: Oakwood Court College, Torpoint
Salary: £13,292.48 to £14,538 per annum.
Hours: Full-time, (Term Time, 40 weeks)
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join our team who work with and support young adults with learning disabilities.
About us and Oakwood Court College:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
At Oakwood Court College every student matters and their future independence and success is at the forefront of all that we do. Students have a wide range of interests, backgrounds, abilities and ambitions.
“A friendly place to live, work and learn”
We are committed to providing each student with the skills they need to become self-reliant in leading purposeful and fulfilling lives.
Our aim is to ‘provide our service users with the skills and support they need to become as independent’
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met.
If you’re the sort of person who’s resourceful, flexible and enjoys working in a team and doesn’t hesitate to do that little bit extra, then you could make a real difference to our students with learning difficulties/disabilities. Whilst previous experience in Specialist Education is desirable it’s more about having a positive outlook and a good sense of humour.
Over the last ten years we’ve helped over 160 students with learning difficulties/disabilities to develop life and work skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
- It is a requirement that all our Learning Support Assistants either hold or work towards an appropriate L3 Award in Education & Training (AET) or equivalent.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call on 01626 868 125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.