Location: Winkleigh nr Okehampton with travel expected to all external homes and sites
Salary: £18,500 – £22,000 per annum dependant on experience
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week, 52 weeks of the year)
Closing Date: Friday 3rd August 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 9th August 2018
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a growing company in a key role responsible for enhancing the skills and capability of our people.
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
We have chosen to operate homes which offer children a truly nurturing and homely environment in which they can flourish. We have a range of homes including one, two and three bed homes with our largest being homes with only four beds. Each home has been specifically designed to provide an environment in which a child can feel safe, nurtured and looked after by a team of individuals who have been trained too think, feel and act in a way that promotes a young person’s feeling of safety.
In addition to our children’s homes we also have a further education college, residential and supported living services in Dawlish and Teignmouth for young adults.
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met and exceeded.
This is a an important role within the HR team with Group wide responsibility for the procurement, scheduling, delivery & evaluation of formal training (classroom based & on-line) and Care NVQS / Care Certificate across the Phoenix group. The post holder will be highly self-reliant and able to constructively challenge people throughout our organisation in pursuit of an excellent service for our people.
The job holder will work closely with the Group HR Manager and Senior Operational Managers to ensure that learning and development interventions are provided to employees in a timely and professional manner. Additionally the job holder will work closely with the Group HR Manager to ensure we satisfy all legal and statutory requirements, governing bodies and associated regulations.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starting individual keen to make a real impact in a growing business that itself supports & develops vulnerable children and adults.
- To plan and schedule formal training for our Care and Educational services, ensuring a rolling forward programme of at least 6 months is maintained.
- To operate and maintain the Phoenix Training Planning & Booking System, ensuring that accurate records of employee course attendance are maintained.
- To organise the company’s 10 days formal Induction programme for new joiners.
- To produce regular and ad-hoc management reports on training expenditure, training take up & utilisation, unfilled places, training standards, NVQ progress, etc.
- To develop and co-ordinate a centralised content library of training course materials (slides, exercises, handouts, etc.), ensuring that all content remains up to date.
- Co-ordination of NVQ, AET and similar learning company wide.
- To develop, implement and operate a system of course & supplier validation and evaluation.
- Ideally 2 years professional learning & development or related admin experience in the Social Care and/or Education sectors.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel & Word; strong PowerPoint skills desirable.
- A current driving licence and commitment to work at locations throughout the South West.
- A Business Studies/ equivalent qualification with strong HR/People/Administrative emphasis is desirable (not essential).
As part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call Ian Taylor on 01271379006 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.