Location: Oakwood Court College (Torpoint Campus)
Salary: £20,750 – £24,500 per annum
Hours: 2 days per week
Contract: Term Time (38 weeks of the year plus 6 days)
We are seeking a skilled Tutor to lead our Horticultural and Land Based Studies course. The role will be based at our Torpoint Campus in Cornwall which is part of Oakwood Court College.
The Tutor will deliver practical and theoretical sessions to enhance learners understanding and knowledge of Horticulture, Conservation and general Land Based Studies. They will lead interactive and engaging sessions both in the classroom and in the college environment.
- Relevant Teaching Qualification e.g. C&G 7307, 7407 or equivalent or willingness to complete qualify within first year of employment
- Relevant Subject Qualification Level 4 or above, Cert Ed, PGCE, Bachelor of Education or Assessor and/or Verifier awards or equivalent is desired
- Chance to top up monthly pay with additional sleep in rates that increases with the more you do each month
- Enhanced overtime hourly rate
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street/Supermarket shopping vouchers
- Fully paid holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured
- Aid in gaining extra qualifications with our excellent Learning and Development schemes and increase opportunities to progress within the organisation
- Fully paid classroom based induction and ongoing face to face training from industry professionals
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with the opportunity to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback
About us and Oakwood Court College:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
Oakwood Court College is an independent specialist college located in the beautiful South West of England. Oakwood Court College offers a holistic, broad and balanced curriculum which enables learners to flourish academically, vocationally, socially, physically and emotionally. We encourage a ‘can do’ culture at the college, recognising learners individual needs and developing their particular strengths to help them to achieve their full potential.
Oakwood Court College has recently been awarded a Good with Outstanding Features report from OFSTED in September 2018.
“Decisive leadership has led to significant improvements to the provision. Managers,tutors and learning support assistants are passionate about their work and use excellent strategies to help students learn.”
– OFSTED September 2018
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Online’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please complete our short enquiries form below by clicking “Enquire” or call Laura on 01626 868125 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.