Pay: £24,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Full time
We are currently looking to recruit a full time (40 hrs per week) Registered Manager for one of our adult residential homes in Teignmouth, Devon.
About Phoenix Learning & Care and Eldra Court:
The Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for Young people with specific and individual needs who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and other associated needs.
Eldra Court is a 7-bedded residential home for younger adults with learning disabilities and associated emotional and social needs, provided by the Phoenix Learning & Care Group. Eldra Court is a large house with a homely environment set in the stunning seaside town of Teignmouth in Devon. In addition to this we also have a number of other properties in town which are Living Support.
Our aim is to ‘provide our service users with the skills and support they need to become as independent’
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met.
Taking complete responsibility for the running of the Home our Registered Managers are expected to maintain exceptionally high standards, provide leadership, support and directions to their team. They will have experience in providing monthly updates on support plan documents, maintain good relationships with parents and social workers and have a Full understanding of CQC requirements under personal care and location registration.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To provide 24 hour management cover including advice and guidance to your Colleagues at the home and provide on-call cover
- To recognise the potential of each individual Young Person while providing the necessary opportunities, encouragement and support for each Young Person’s potential to be realised
- To help create a dynamic, caring environment this supports all the aims and values of the Group
- To manage all HR and financial matters required of the role and the running of the Home
- To provide reports to Senior management on the performance of the home, your Colleagues & any other relevant matters and to ensure that all records are kept to a high standard.
- This role is one that requires a high level of organisational and administrative skill along with an ability to act as a leader for your Colleagues based at the home..
- Be proactive in supporting recruitment needs including organisation of interviews, communication between candidates and have knowledge of the challenging recruitment market.
- Assist with monthly Reg 17’s
- To support in the learning and development of your team with assistance from the Group’s Learning and Training team.
Skills and Qualifications
You will hold a current UK driving licence and ideally will already hold a Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) or be willing to undertake this qualification with full financial support
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please call us on 01626 868 125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.