Head of Learning and Progress (SENCO)
Location: Dawlish, Devon with travel to Torpoint, Cornwall
Salary: £32,000 – £40,000 per annum dependant on experience
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours a week)
Contract: Permanent (52 weeks of the year)
Closing date: 5th July 2019
Are you ready for a unique opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people with SEND?
Are you an experienced SEND teacher or manager with a desire to progress in a forward thinking and innovative College?
YES? Then we would love to hear from you.
Oakwood Court is a specialist independent College for young people aged 16-25 with a range of disabilities and primarily a diagnosis of autism, many of whom have additional disabilities. We were graded 2 (Good) by Ofsted in 2018 and are on a journey to Outstanding. We are entering a new phase at Oakwood, with a new senior team in place with ambitious plans for the future and a collective desire to become the College of choice for young people with SEND, with a particular specialism in developing communication and social skills through a therapeutically informed approach.
We are looking to recruit a highly skilled practitioner and leader with an excellent understanding of SEND that can lead the Colleges Learning and Progress strategy to ensure that all learners make better than expected progress against their personal and learning goals. The post holder would sit within the College Senior Management team and would be directly line managed by the College Principal.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Educated to Degree level and PGCE qualified (or equivalent)
- Qualification in supporting people with autism and/or learning disability
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Resilient and able to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and build effective partnerships with individuals and organisations
- Excellent classroom practitioner, ensuring own classroom practice models’ best practice
- Ability to analyse and deconstruct teaching and learning and provide strategies that will impact on areas for improvement
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of latest educational research, findings and best practice in FE and skills.
- Full UK Driving License
Benefits of working with us:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street/Supermarket shopping vouchers
- Fully paid holiday allowance including birthday leave.
- Fully paid classroom based induction and face to face training (as required)
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with the opportunity to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback
Phoenix Learning & Care Group was established in 2006 and is a provider of specialist children’s homes across the South West. Our homes cater for specific and individual needs of a child who may have a range of social and emotional difficulties, behaviour, trauma and attachment issues, learning difficulties and possibly other associated needs.
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met and exceeded.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Online’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please complete our short enquiries form below by clicking “Enquire” or call Laura on 01626 868125 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.