Location: The Phoenix Academy, North Petherton, Somerset
Salary: £28,000 – £37,000 per annum
Contract: 38 weeks plus 6 inset days
Start Date: ASAP (Flexible)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and innovative Deputy Headteacher to cover a period of maternity leave and join our dynamic team at Phoenix Academy in North Petherton, Somerset.
About Phoenix Academy:
The Phoenix Academy based in Somerset and provides a unique and specialist educational resource for students with Special Educational Needs of various types, but particularly those with Social emotional and mental health difficulties. We have high expectations of our students and celebrate their ongoing successes through positive reward. The main emphasis is on nurturing the individual student and providing bespoke education to meet their individual needs.
‘We believe that all children & young people should be provided with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential; through building resilience, self-regulation and trusting relationships, we support our students to flourish; this promotes improved outcomes, attainment and self-esteem.’
Through honesty, empathy, aspiration, respect and teamwork, we strive to promote a culture where ideas can blossom, every individual can flourish and outcomes for all can be met.
The core purpose of the Deputy Head of School is to provide professional leadership and management for the school. This will promote a secure foundation from which to achieve high standards in all areas of the school’s work.
Over the initial period of the appointment the foremost task will be to support the Headteacher successfully through the period of change, success in this process will be reflected in improved KS 2 – KS4 results and a school that is thriving.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2 years of experience in a senior management role of an educational service or school
- Experience of SEMHD settings
- Proven ability to support and retain Colleagues
- Experience in the management of Child protection and safeguarding issues
- Experienced in working with Students with a range of challenging behaviors
- Experience of undertaking Lesson observation and monitoring
- Educated to degree level or appropriate experience
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24-hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom-based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
How to Apply:
Please click on ‘Apply Online’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please complete our short enquiries form below by clicking “Enquire” or call Cheryl on 01271379006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.